My quickest doe so far.

There are some nice tales of good stalks on the forum, unfortunately my latest cull was not so interesting :no: . This was part of an estate cull so I was up a tree in a seat. Having occupied the same seat last week I was expecting a good couple of hours freezing my cobblers off but not so this afternoon. I managed to crunch up to the seat in the snow and made a bit of a meal of getting settled so expected any wildlife within a square kilometre to have legged it. I got settled, loaded up and checked my watch..2:45pm. Hmmm what was that? a movement to my front about 50 yards away, up with the bins...nothing, must've been a bird. No...wait there again a bit further right, no bins this time, up with the rifle, Roe doe on her own, mature, just what I was after so I watched her for a bit and then dropped her on the spot with a 140grn Game King (I love these bullets, no plastic points for me). Checked watch...2:50pm :thumbs: . I waited around for another half hour just to make sure nothing else turned up but it was clear she was on her own from the start. Nice clean gralloch, no probs, LOADS of fat around the kidneys and intestines, probably the most I've seen so they're obviously feeding well round here despite the naff weather. 31lbs head and legs off, not massive but in great condition.

DecDoe.jpg

Nothing wrong with a quick result mate ,i expect your arival at the seat wasnt as crunchy as you thought .Experience teaches us these things subconciously.The deer dont seem to have lost any condition at all, infact the does are the best ive seen for some years now ,all well covered and fat as houses .I sympathise with the roe sack ordeal mate :tongue2: preferring to drag than carry these days if i'm honest.Good to see you getting out mate .