first time ferreting

If your buying an adult ferret this time of year then look out for all kinds of problems (hence why its being sold), your best bet is to look out for one of this years kits thats left over, and has been well handled and doesnt bite or skulk about. Buying an adult ferret you can get lucky, you just have to look about. Housing wise, you can go from a rabbit hutch type cage (big one) up to a court/shed, you want a sleeping/nest box, and a run with plenty of light etc and lots of room to run about/play, with tubes and toys. Best bet is to build your own, just make it secure and use decent mesh not chicken wire. Also you should get two, they love company, unless you get a miserable old bachelor hob :laugh: Food wise, rabbits and mixed game is best, or if not a decent quality high protein biscuit. Eggs sometimes. You might want to go out with someone first and check your really into it before you get the stinkers :thumbs:

• Like 1

If your buying an adult ferret this time of year then look out for all kinds of problems (hence why its being sold), your best bet is to look out for one of this years kits thats left over, and has been well handled and doesnt bite or skulk about. Buying an adult ferret you can get lucky, you just have to look about. Housing wise, you can go from a rabbit hutch type cage (big one) up to a court/shed, you want a sleeping/nest box, and a run with plenty of light etc and lots of room to run about/play, with tubes and toys. Best bet is to build your own, just make it secure and use decent mesh not chicken wire. Also you should get two, they love company, unless you get a miserable old bachelor hob :laugh: Food wise, rabbits and mixed game is best, or if not a decent quality high protein biscuit. Eggs sometimes. You might want to go out with someone first and check your really into it before you get the stinkers :thumbs:

sound for all info lad :notworthy: uve been a big help i have a mate who could build a hutch for me good carpenter he is, i was hopeing to get 2 anyway the only proplem is no one in my area does ferreting ive asked around :no: but ive allways wanted to do it ive just finally got some money together

Edited by treacy2010

wells lads im hopeing to start ferreting in the months i was wondering could ye give some advise on wat i should look out for when buying a ferret wat are the best cages wats the best food to feed them etc thanks

shame your not closer as i have all the gear for sale 2 hutches nets and ferrets just lost interest in it. good little workers too.