bavarian mountain hounds

i know some people who work them , those dogs are a class apart , very difficult to get w/o a hunting license ((but i guess you have one))very sharp on people and they cost allot

i would not go for a bavaria hound but i would take a kopov , they are just as good, some people say better but i think they are both good one's easy to get and they don't cost so mush and you can get them w/o a hunting license and verry friendly !!! exept when they are whit there game

this are trhe kopov's of a german friend of mine

the bavarian mountain and hannoveran hounds have been bred for trailing over a very long time (in principle the same dogs but the hannoveran is bred bigger and stronger).

the bavarian is more agile in rough terrain.

there is a lot of controversey withing both clubs (resulting in alot of members leving them and founding new ones).

when trained to a high standard they are excellent dogs with massive finding will and drive once upon game.

you may find as above that you will have trouble getting one from germany,austria,switzerland with papers (club dogs) as they will want proof of a hunting licence and proof that you "follow up" on a massive area of "high game holding ground" ( a german term for all deer and boar, except roe deer,muntjack......)

i have seen and worked with some of the german hounds (dachs bracke,brandel bracke,steirische bracke and must say the steirische impressed me alot!!!)

as some will know i am a big fan of the smallest hounds (teckel/dachshund) and have never found them to be lacking in anything but leg length in snow and weight on boar!!!

the breeding is important but utmost is the ability to train and work a dog (using bred potential to the fullest).

the bavarian hounds are (if well bred) fantastic at the job they were bred for without a doubt!!! waidmannsheil!