free lofting?

danny boi

does free lofting a bird make any difference to how it acts or its attitude? also once freelofted does it always need to be that way or can it be a mixture of tethering and free lofting?

i'm asking this as its looking promising that i have broken down my parents and they could possibly have come around to the idea of me getting a hawk i have a dog run origionally intended for the lurcher but she had other ideas but i think the run could be used to free loft.

cheers

Dan

danny get yourself some books were are you in liverpool mate pm me if you like..:thumbs: ..john

cheers john yried to pm but your inbox is full mate im in huyton [bANNED TEXT]

cheers

Dan

no offence mate but ya not ready for a hawk yet and ya dog run will be fine if you box three sides in and and dowl or bars one side mesh aviarys smash feathers atb kevin

you need a mentor mate someone to show you how to manage a hawk and how to set your mews up start by reading as many books as possible,dont just go out and get a hawk unless you know what you are doing,if your friends could help you out and show you the ropes,and as for free lofting i only free loft when they are manned down or moulting,i aslo bow out with bath when ive been out hunting,good luck.

h11wka, i know im not ready yet [bANNED TEXT] wich is why im here trying to get as much info as possible.

i already have a basic idea of keeping a bird im just tryin to get my head round the things i dont know, i also have 2 potential mentors and a couple of books on there way to me,

i know its gonna be at least a few months before i even think about getting a bird so i thought putting a couple of posts up here about mews might help me gain an idea about setting my own up. im just curious and looking for help as the books ive ordered arnt here yet. ill take any advice greatfully!

cheers fellas

Dan

h11wka, i know im not ready yet [bANNED TEXT] wich is why im here trying to get as much info as possible.

i already have a basic idea of keeping a bird im just tryin to get my head round the things i dont know, i also have 2 potential mentors and a couple of books on there way to me,

i know its gonna be at least a few months before i even think about getting a bird so i thought putting a couple of posts up here about mews might help me gain an idea about setting my own up. im just curious and looking for help as the books ive ordered arnt here yet. ill take any advice greatfully!

cheers fellas

Dan

keep asking questions the more you know the better,a lot of people just go and buy one and then the problems start,so anything yu want to know just ask,theres a few dvds on ebay might give you an idea theres also the bird of prey management series which covers feeding,anatomy training weight management it worth a look cheers john.

do as much research as possible but as a guideline get a young bird approximately next september and you will probably teather it the first season and freeloft for the following summer to moult and maybe you will be able to freeloft in its second year, this is what i did.

cheers

steve

cheers fellas

Dan