new dog

ive just got a new lurcher bitch it is whippet x airedale, greyhound x bedlington the thing is the dog is now 9 months, it has been out with a hound pack for the last few months, she is steady but last night i took her lamping when she misses the rabbit she self hunts and i dont see her for 10 minutes. when i go for a walk her recall is good its just when she has a scent shes off and only comes back when she has finished hunting please help :notworthy: can a dog be a bushing dog and a lamping dog? any help will be greatly appreciated

Guest crobinc840

For that you have to have some hard core recall to be able to override her overwhelming instinct to follow the scent. Loads of recall practice in all different environments. Good luck, sounds like you might have a good one there if it all works out.

12bore will solve the recall

haha only jokeing mate, yea go bk to basics, give it treats [bANNED TEXT] she comes to a recall, try get her 2 retreive toys with u and give her plenty of fuss when she comes to u with a nice little treat,

she should be a good 1 as she sounds mental keen!! best of luck with her mate