2010/11 season

jayhawk

a slower start this season due to commitments to the dogs pulling my female harris a little later than i usually do however were off the mark and she has bagged numerous rabbit and her first rook,rabbit numbers arn't great this year and the dogs work hard to provide a slip, i try not to ferret if i can help it as most of the time i hawk alone. i'd have to check but this is the birds 6th or 7th season, she knows her stuff when it comes to rabbit.

we fly woodland,sand-dunes,and fern and gorse laden hillsides wher she will soar in high wind over the dogs.

some of this years shots when the weather has permitted the camera.

1-4.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

5-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

6-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

i will try and get some nice action shots as the season progresses and ad them to the thread.as you can see there are two hawks in shot in the second pic as i get out with a mate and his male from time to time.

jay

musn't forget the rest of the team.

allspaniels.jpg

i alternate between the dogs to rest em up and the old ESS is semi retiered.

i also have a young vizsla that i will bring on to point on the fern banks just to slow things up a bit as you know what spaniels are like, sometimes they bump bunnies and the hawk is out of position.

jay