this weeks foxing

hi all, headed out foxing tonight with my mate to a permission very local to me ( actually about 10 mins away ) its mainly a sheep farm with a small syndicate shoot on it. we've been there a few times lately and never seen much but tonight we saw more than i've ever seen in one night. i stopped the car at the bottom of the entrance road as i usually do to sort out lamp and rifle then we drove slowly up the road toward the big house spotting a fox in the first field right on top of the hill so no safe shot :censored: i stopped and gave it a squeak but it wandered away oblivious so we made on, two fields further up we catch another eye on the edge of a large bog that again disappears, i stop rifle on bipod and start to call, charlie has crossed the bog and is heading up onto the hill behind. he stops for a look at around 220yds, i aim off for range and the wind and fire, the vixen made down the hill 10yds and fell dead, 1st one in the bag :boogie:

post-4783-089030800 1287696583_thumb.jpg

we decide to pick it on the way down but before i get back into the car we spot another sitting higher up the hill. this one again unsurprisingly shows very little interest in being called and wanders of over the hill to safety.

i get in the car and we roll up the road another 100yds with the lampman scanning the fields and hill beyond to our right when on the bottom edge of the beam i catch sight of a shape running away. i jump out and ready the 223 again just as the lamp drops onto charlie. he stands almost broadside and the rifle spits, 2nd one down :toast:

post-4783-000868200 1287696939_thumb.jpg

we walk up to pick the second fox shining as we go and we spot yet another on the edge of the wood above the house. i begin to call and this one comes charging down the field, ive no sticks with me so shoot of my mates shoulder stopping the fox with a shout at 90yds, snatch the shot and miss the fker :wallbash:

back to the car we lamp down the road seeing deer but no more fox then head out onto the top of the ground ( all driveable )i stop at the usual corner that we call from looking across a wide valley with a bog in the bottom that has produced many foxes over the years and start calling. almost immediately a fox jumps over the dyke and starts moving slowly but deliberately in toward us. he gets to about 120yds and stops for a sniff, the 223 spits again and he's down, but we couldn't get to this one to pick as the bog is so wet already this year. scanning about we spot another again sitting watching us but despite my best range of calls :whistling: its not interested and at around 300yds to far for me at night so i left him he'll be there for the next time maybe. so three foxes and a miss but more to go at. had two last night from a large pheasant shoot that i lamp with gav243 from this site so looks like its going to be a good winter :thumbs: thanks for reading