spotted a random bop

danny boi

was on the train to work on saturday and between earlestown and newton le willows station i spotted a bop as we were going quickly at first its hape made me think it was falcon it had a sort of tear drop shape but then the colouring made me think it was a redtail? it had a white body and head with dark flecks and reddy brown wings like i say it was a passing glance but i couldnt identify it or see if it had any leatherwork attached anyone fly arounf that area??

cheers

dan

was on the train to work on saturday and between earlestown and newton le willows station i spotted a bop as we were going quickly at first its hape made me think it was falcon it had a sort of tear drop shape but then the colouring made me think it was a redtail? it had a white body and head with dark flecks and reddy brown wings like i say it was a passing glance but i couldnt identify it or see if it had any leatherwork attached anyone fly arounf that area??

cheers

dan

Thanks for that Dan, there seems to be loads of birds going missing all over the country including one of ours, will keep an eye out for anything matching that description around that area on other forums!

Carol

cheers

dan

Big size difference between Falcon and Redtail. Most likely a wild Buzzard.