Friday the 9th

Was out last night with 1 of my good lamping buddies and my boy ,we headed off to 1 of the farms where we thought we could guarentee a charlie only to find that they were still out combining the fields so of we went to the other farm we needed to do last night.Once on the farm it started quietly ,then we seen 4 sets of eyes in the next 40 minutes but none presented there self to the rifle.We headed off down to another field with a quarry at one end and a wood at the other ,id been lamping all over the field not seeing anything then my mate grabbed the lamp off me and told me to get ready as we were turning round the pond hed seen a set of eyes on the side of the banking in the side lights .Round he swung the jeep and there he was a very healthy looking dog fox but it was not its lucky night as a well placed shot to the back of the head (it was facing away from me).It was hard to pace this as it was on the side of a hill but it wasnt far of the 100yd mark.

DSC00496.jpg

After that nothing else was seen so we headed of home for an early night.