Soil minerals

I while back i nearly lost my bitch to some sort of poisen, which i never ever found out what it was from the vet even after paying the bill for a dog on drip, drugs and kept in for 8 days they didnt think she would of made it, but she did! I now a vets priority is to make sure the dog makes a full recovery but when asked what poisen it was or what it could have been, they couldn't tell me as they didnt know! :icon_eek:

Soil minerals popped into my head, with the local hunt kennels being up the road about two miles, i heard of an earth they never used near there because of soil minerals and the amount of dogs that have died after being worked there, there also walking hounds through sheep dip befor and after they go out, because of hounds getting run down and some dieing from!!!! Well an unsolved mistery to be fair!

I was thinking my bitch may have picked some of these minerals while being around the area, even though im not 100% im priity sure it would have been this! Ive also heard of sheep dieing for no reason and sheaperds being sacked for not doing there job properly!

Could it be soil minerals, and has anyone came across this befor or heard of any ammediate treatment for this?

cheers!

Edited by genuine

I while back i nearly lost my bitch to some sort of poisen, which i never ever found out what it was from the vet even after paying the bill for a dog on drip, drugs and kept in for 8 days they didnt think she would of made it, but she did! I now a vets priority is to make sure the dog makes a full recovery but when asked what poisen it was or what it could have been, they couldn't tell me as they didnt know! :icon_eek:

Soil minerals popped into my head, with the local hunt kennels being up the road about two miles, i heard of an earth they never used near there because of soil minerals and the amount of dogs that have died after being worked there, there also walking hounds through sheep dip befor and after they go out, because of hounds getting run down and some dieing from!!!! Well an unsolved mistery to be fair!

I was thinking my bitch may have picked some of these minerals while being around the area, even though im not 100% im priity sure it would have been this! Ive also heard of sheep dieing for no reason and sheaperds being sacked for not doing there job properly!

Could it be soil minerals, and has anyone came across this befor or heard of any ammediate treatment for this?

cheers!

I've never heard of anything like that before fella, but its a pain having to deal with vets in situations like that,,lost a fine dog pup 8 months earlier this year, knew something wasn't right with him , brought him in , vet checked him, few tablets, sent home, back in few days later, sent home again, and on the third visit , they decided to scan him, scanned him, opened him up, but it was too f*****g late, the gut was twisted for too long and blood supply had been cut off, ,,after that , having to pay for the scan and operation , both of which were performed nearly a week too late,,how they get away with it is beyond me,,

:thumbs:

cheers!

I've never heard of anything like that before fella, but its a pain having to deal with vets in situations like that,,lost a fine dog pup 8 months earlier this year, knew something wasn't right with him , brought him in , vet checked him, few tablets, sent home, back in few days later, sent home again, and on the third visit , they decided to scan him, scanned him, opened him up, but it was too f*****g late, the gut was twisted for too long and blood supply had been cut off, ,,after that , having to pay for the scan and operation , both of which were performed nearly a week too late,,how they get away with it is beyond me,,

Thanks for the reply casso! I would imagine these sort of minerals are around old quarry areas as most of the area here is around quarrys etc! I know soil minerals exsist, and can be harmful if not fatal to dogs! The internet isnt any good for looking it up, nor is the vet for that matter! But im sure somewhere amoung the THL someone out there will have some info!! :thumbs:

Never heard of that before. The only soil pollutants that would be harmfull to animals I can think of are those involved in quarrying and industry.

Lead mining might produce excess lead in the soil. Potentially harmful.

Heavy metals from god knows what else.

But IMO I can't see it, probably just hear say and myth.

FTB

Never heard of that before. The only soil pollutants that would be harmfull to animals I can think of are those involved in quarrying and industry.

Lead mining might produce excess lead in the soil. Potentially harmful.

Heavy metals from god knows what else.

But IMO I can't see it, probably just hear say and myth.

FTB

Thanks for your reply mate,

There is alot of people that say its soil minerals but with no evidence everyone guessing, over the years there's been many of dogs die after being to ground there or around the specific area, including hounds! So ive heard, and my bitch also had same symptoms. Run down, off food, dihidrated, and lost weight withing 24 hours to a point where if i was to run her 24 hours she wouldn't lose as much! As you say all a myth, unless vets or scientists can prove something! Or anyone experiencing it themselves!