POWDER

Which powder would you recommend for re loading .223 rem? i have been loading this cal for about a month and only used H335, results seem ok but just wondered if any of you have done load testing using different powders.

My rifle is Howa 1500, 1 in 12 twist so max bullet weight would be 55 grain. any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

LD

Which powder would you recommend for re loading .223 rem? i have been loading this cal for about a month and only used H335, results seem ok but just wondered if any of you have done load testing using different powders.

My rifle is Howa 1500, 1 in 12 twist so max bullet weight would be 55 grain. any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

LD

vit n130 or vit n133 look about the best for the 223 with that weight bullet.

the n130 24 grains will give you 3300 fps but work up to that if i where you.

the n133 24.9 will give you 3300 fps. again work up.

these are for 55 grain blizking bt bullets. it says the accuracy load is n133 with 24.2 grains for 3200 fps with 1251 ftlb

this is out of a 24 inch barrel with rem primer, federal case and a 1 in 14 twist which is weird as most 223 rifles are 1 in 12 or 1 in 8 or 1 in 9

Cheers

LD

I have only been reloading myself for two months and have so far tried Hogdgens Varget and Accuracy 2230. According to my ballistics table which l got with my Lee dies the starting load of 25 grains of H-Varget together with 40 grain V-Max bullets produces 3674 fps. This is what I used to begin with but as H-Varget is so hard to get hold of my RFD suggested to use Accuracy 2230 when the H-Varget ran out, which was designed with the smaller calibre in mind. With the accuracy 2230 l use 24.7 grains of powder with 40 grain V-Max bullets produces 3639 fps. as far as l was aware the max bullet weight for a one in twelve twist is 65 grain bullets. I got my info from this website for most things .223 My link.

Hope this helps.

cheers Callum

Cheers

LD

I use N133 and 22grains with a 55grain hornady SP works well for me in a Tikka T3 Lite .223

Edited by Sledgehammer

Hi i have bin using varget for my .222

55gn V-MAX with 24gn varget and rem primmer and case.

also used this in .22-250

55gn V-MAX with 34.5gn varget and win case and fed primmer.

I did try Benchmark it was ok on the .222 but on the .22-250 the grouping was poor.

Both rifles are Tikka T3's