Another one Bites the Dust.......!

A terrifed client rang me up on Friday to say a large rat had jumped past her shoulder (it was sitting on a window sill) as she opened the back door of her terraced property the previous evening.

I asked if it was trapped in the kitchen and she assured me it was still there.........so i asked if i could bring the terrier to find and kill the pesky thing. Anyway..........after ransacking her kitchen for a few minutes the dog marked in a corner where the pipes ran under the floor. There was more than enough room for a good sized rat to disappear down there and this is where the dog was telling me it had gone. Bugger it...........was looking forward to the terrier finding and killing it..........but now all i could do was set a couple of break-back traps to catch the thing. I set the large Snap-E rat traps (these are the some of the best traps in my opinion for domestic rat control and so easy to set) and waited for her call. Next day.........after falling for the secret bait recipe.....there was the miscreant waiting to be collected. Good result all round.........One happy client (gave me an extra tenner as well) bless her.

post-12022-087512300 1284398756_thumb.jpg

Nice one Rolfe! :good:

after ransacking her kitchen for a few minutes the dog marked in a corner where the pipes ran under the floor. There was more than enough room for a good sized rat to disappear down there and this is where the dog was telling me it had gone.

It amazes me how they can get into small holes. my terrier chased one out of underneath some decking in a neighbours garden at the old place I was in. It was a big old fecking thing, and it ran across a path and squeezed into a gap of about an inch and a half by the side of a bathroom waste outlet on the outside of her flat! :blink: I'd always known they could squeeze into small gaps, but the speed it did it at was amazing. :yes: