advice

KittleRox

been scouting about local ground trying to figure out ways to net rabbits at night using my dogs to flush them.i reckon i only need a net about thirty feet long,something lightweight which can be set quickly and will hold the rabbits till i get there.

i have never used a longnet/gatenet before,any advice appreciated,which type,where to purchase,etc. thanks

been scouting about local ground trying to figure out ways to net rabbits at night using my dogs to flush them.i reckon i only need a net about thirty feet long,something lightweight which can be set quickly and will hold the rabbits till i get there.

i have never used a longnet/gatenet before,any advice appreciated,which type,where to purchase,etc. thanks

no need for dogs long netting at night,buy the book longnetting from peg to peg by martin king,will tell you all you need to know to get started,and it's a good read,i bought my first net and this book around 5 mths ago,went up to the local playing field during the evening to practice setting it out,done this during daylight to get used to it,then after a while went out when it was getting dark,went out last week in a field where there were rabbits to try out for the first time and got 4,practice pays of,i bought the net from someone on this forum,but,you can buy them of a number of sites,jbs nets,brinded,net loft and many others,forgot to mention it's the quickset system i have,atb what ever you do,cheers......john :thumbs:

no need for dogs long netting at night,buy the book longnetting from peg to peg by martin king,will tell you all you need to know to get started,and it's a good read,i bought my first net and this book around 5 mths ago,went up to the local playing field during the evening to practice setting it out,done this during daylight to get used to it,then after a while went out when it was getting dark,went out last week in a field where there were rabbits to try out for the first time and got 4,practice pays of,i bought the net from someone on this forum,but,you can buy them of a number of sites,jbs nets,brinded,net loft and many others,forgot to mention it's the quickset system i have,atb what ever you do,cheers......john :thumbs:

thanks for reply John,what length doe,s the quickset come in

you can get them 25,50 or 100 yrd,i have got the 50 yrd 6z,which is plenty for me,if you are up for it you can make your own,there is a post at the top of the longnetting page,would save you a few bob,if you log into the BOOK DIRECTORY for the longnetting book i think they do free delivery,remember if you are getting a longnet,get one that has 100% bagging,that means for a 50yrd net there will be 100yrds of netting,i'm no expert but pm me if you need any help,cheers......john :thumbs:

you can get them 25,50 or 100 yrd,i have got the 50 yrd 6z,which is plenty for me,if you are up for it you can make your own,there is a post at the top of the longnetting page,would save you a few bob,if you log into the BOOK DIRECTORY for the longnetting book i think they do free delivery,remember if you are getting a longnet,get one that has 100% bagging,that means for a 50yrd net there will be 100yrds of netting,i'm no expert but pm me if you need any help,cheers......john :thumbs:

i think i,ll get the peg to peg book, seems like theres alot to learn,thanks very much for taking time to reply.cheers :thumbs:

i think i,ll get the peg to peg book, seems like theres alot to learn,thanks very much for taking time to reply.cheers :thumbs:

no problem,happy hunting,cheers......john :thumbs: