wildfowling ????

hi guys, im very interested in wildfowling, however i know nothink about it what so ever. Can any one take this sport up and just wounder around your local shore line lol, or must you join a club by law. I am already in a local club where i rough shoot and do pigeon shooying, also i am fully BASC insured, where would my best option be as a newbie to start out, cheers all HH

ring basc and ask them to send you a wildfowling permit booklet, it has all the information you need, your closest clubs and all other clubs around the country that run permit schemes.

you cannot just turn up on the shore and walk around (unless you are in certain parts of scotland!)

HI, thanks for that mate, very helpfull of you, i shall ring them first thing, im allready a BASC member. So you can get day permits ? i never knew that, cheers HH

some clubs do day or weekly permits and others do intriductory permits... but not all clubs

i dont know the clubs nearer you, The booklet should help

• 2 weeks later...

Alright mate you find any wild fowling clubs in the area ? I got my first teal the other night, The Lab was carrying it round the garden, put it down and the spaniel I had off you picked it up on the chest perfectly and ran around with it before bringing it back to me :) lol