Challenging ferret breeding season

post-33317-001511700 1281646686_thumb.jpg

Coloured kit on the left is one day older than the white kit on the right.

The coloure d kit whi has been called fudge is a single kit and the wee white is a survivor of three from a litter of seven whose mother ate his siblings at five weeks I have never had a worse breeding season last year a kittled two jills for a friend thirteen in total never lost a single one. I had waited two years to breed my own and took one jill 120 miles to mate her to a bew hob owned by a friend. Well I have a hob from my white jill and a jill kit from my polecat cross so I can blend my lines together which was the plan. Hope to redeem myself next year.

Edited by Hunter of T-N-G

post-33317-026365900 1281647413_thumb.jpg

Kits are now amost ten weeks and the three wee ones are catching up in size thanks to the foster mum and plenty of feeding i lifted my first rabbit of the season last night with my lurcher and it was gutted and in the run with the wee ones while it was still warm they absolutely loved it. Will post a few updated pictures for my friends and anyone interested in a few days

Edited by Hunter of T-N-G