ive recently started bringing in the whistle with my one year old beddy,he learnt it in a day, :toast: no lies either, but is one longish blast ok for recall?still learning, and most people do two short blasts but he returns on the longish one spot on.is there a reason why people dont normally do it?

ive recently started bringing in the whistle with my one year old beddy,he learnt it in a day, :toast: no lies either, but is one longish blast ok for recall?still learning, and most people do two short blasts but he returns on the longish one spot on.is there a reason why people dont normally do it?

The whistle signals I use are , Long peep = drop and stay, 2 pips = get on, 1 pip = turn (used when quartering) and a long pip pip pip pip for recall, Reason I use multiple pips for recall is, sometimes for long distances or in places that have an echo the dog doesn't always get the right direction on a short signal and may well set of in the wrong direction, if it sets off in the wrong direction with a longer recall signal it realises the sound is diminishing rather than getting louder so will right itself. Mike.