yesterdays roe buck

well i set off out from the yard walking my new ess pup(awsome)i headed up past the 3 main pens to the cover crop when from the corner of my eye i seen this wee fellow. so doing my best to stay unseen or heard with a springer pup this in not easy. i jogged back to the house for the gun put the dog away and made it sharpish back up the hill.

i went bottem side of the wood to try and cut him off on the direction he was moveing. up the headge keeping low, over the fence have a look thrue the nettles damm he was away down the other end where i had been earlier ah well i could stalk in to him from heare. thrue the nettles up the crop to get to the road he was about 160yards away side on. i loaded the 223 up set the trigger got nice and ready on the pod.

cross hair on the top of his shoulder ( to drop him on the spot) BANG! down he went no a big buck but we have to shoot all on sight in season heare its a christmass tree farm to so they do loads of damage

RoeBuck.jpg