I am thinking about taking hunting as a new sport

Hi, my name is Andrew Raggett and I am 16 and I am from Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire, later on this year i would like to take on hunting as a new sport, maybe going with my stepdad or a experienced hunter I can get in touch with, but i do agree that animals that are hunted are killed for a reason, such as pest control or for food, and i respect the animals! i would like to know about some peoples first time experiences, and would like to know some basic information on the following:

Air Gun: Rifle/Pistol

Clothing: Camouflage/Ghillie Suit

Animals: Which are legal to hunt in the UK

Permisson: How to get hold of land owners to get permission

Training: Which is the best way to train yourself

Thank-you very much for your time, in advance

Regards

Andrew Raggett :)

Id strongly recomend getting out there with an experienced and responsible person, that does the things your interested in, maybe visit local gamekeepers and ask if they need extra beaters, this will give you the opertunity to meet locals who could help you. :victory:

Id strongly recomend getting out there with an experienced and responsible person, that does the things your interested in, maybe visit local gamekeepers and ask if they need extra beaters, this will give you the opertunity to meet locals who could help you. :victory:

lol, theres loads of people on here who would like to get on a beating team, never mind a novice...

Took me till i was about 35 to get on one...

Welcome young man, and if you carry on being as well spoken and poilte as you are, you will go along way, and people will want to help you....

lol, theres loads of people on here who would like to get on a beating team, never mind a novice...

Took me till i was about 35 to get on one...

Welcome young man, and if you carry on being as well spoken and poilte as you are, you will go along way, and people will want to help you....

lol maybe thats just you? Finding beaters through the season is never an easy job for keepers in some parts, if he lived near me id have got him on to some beating if he wanted it, but it aint something people are queuing up for round here its hard work, and many miles walking.