bitches in season all the time ????????

hi wanted some thoughts from you , we have a kennel of approx 50 hounds and have a problem with bitches comming into season at about 4 weeks after going out of season ????? now it looks like most of the bitches are in season at the same time ,any ideas on what to do or how to stop this ,ps the hounds are kept in mixed groups ie dogs and bitches mixed .been going on for some time and is driving our huntsman nuts !!!!!! what can we do to stop this as the season is just around the corner thanks oggy

I find some years that bitches are more fertile than other and as a hot bitch will bring in nearby bitches you are going to have several bitches in heat at all times.

Unless dogs and bitches are housed seperatly not only will you end up with pregnant bitches your going to end up with dead dog hounds too.

thats what we have always done ,hot bitches in own lodge so why should this year be different with heat cycles ??????

you didnt, you said dogs and bitches are mixed. obviousdly you seperate hot bitches.

my bitches used to become hot one after the other which drove my dogs mental. there must be huntsmen/huntswomen on here who have encountered and solved this problem. have a few chats with the old guard at shows and fairs they will have seen it all before and will have some good advice.

thats what we have always done ,hot bitches in own lodge so why should this year be different with heat cycles ??????

you didnt, you said dogs and bitches are mixed. obviousdly you seperate hot bitches.

my bitches used to become hot one after the other which drove my dogs mental. there must be huntsmen/huntswomen on here who have encountered and solved this problem. have a few chats with the old guard at shows and fairs they will have seen it all before and will have some good advice.

will do thanks steve, but baffeld by this year ???? Edited by oggy808