Where i live, we have a big cyot problam. They were let go to control the deer population, but most of the deer have died from the wasting diesese. Recently i saw one coyote going after rabbits. We hardly have any of those either. They have been going after my neighbors cows,calves,horses and foals and now they are after my goats and other animals. I was wondering if rasing rabbits and game birds to let go in the wild would help with this problem. Maybe they wouldnt go after the livestock as badly?

is your area quite hilly? Some terrains don't allow for effective dogging of them but shooting is often a very good solution. I wouldn't think feeding them birds and rabbits would keep them away from the livestock, it would just help their population. Have you checked with the conservation department to see whats allowable or feasable in your area?

is your area quite hilly? Some terrains don't allow for effective dogging of them but shooting is often a very good solution. I wouldn't think feeding them birds and rabbits would keep them away from the livestock, it would just help their population. Have you checked with the conservation department to see whats allowable or feasable in your area?

im kinda in a valley area. it gets real hilly a few miles out. i'll try shooting some but there are alot. i'll check with the conservation department too

is it farming, wooded, fences, are the fields large etc? It might be doggable, you might put a few pics up for the coyote lads to have a look at?

its mostly large open fields with wooded areas in some spots. i don't have any pictures right now but i'll be sure to put some up sometime soon

horses can take care of themselves and will stomp a coyote to death. if they share the pasture w/ the cattle they will protect them as well. at most you may want to consider adopting a BLM burro as they are more aggressive toward canines than the horses. if you do happen to shoot one or two hang them on the fence where it will be most visible from coyote eye level. they will avoid the property.

also NO ONE introduced coyotes. they moved in all on their own. after they banned private baiting )poison baiting)their population exploded because there were no wolves to stop their spread.