boat fishing the channel isle

Getting picked up at midnight to make the long journey from the north east down to poole harbour on the south coast where we ( 8 of us) will be boarding Oberon skippered by John Keggie then heading of across the channel to Alderney where we will be staying for 7 days and fishing for every one of them for numerous species of fish.

Anybody else out there done much fishing over that way, it's been booked for over a year and i cant wait now, had no sleep all night thinking about it, cheers, Liam.,.

It's not the cheapast trip i've been on but we,ve been all over with this skipper for the last 8/9 year, Poole a couple of times, Oban about 9 times, and Troon, now he's moved back down south we had to give it a bash, been booked over a year so plenty time to pay for it.

We got some lovely bass off Poole about 6 year ago and they say Alderney is great for Bass, hopefully get a shot at the tope plus many more.

It's not the cheapast trip i've been on but we,ve been all over with this skipper for the last 8/9 year, Poole a couple of times, Oban about 9 times, and Troon, now he's moved back down south we had to give it a bash, been booked over a year so plenty time to pay for it.

We got some lovely bass off Poole about 6 year ago and they say Alderney is great for Bass, hopefully get a shot at the tope plus many more.

used to go from poole myself alot but again,many years ago.also caught allsorts from there but still wanting a conger

used to go from poole myself alot but again,many years ago.also caught allsorts from there but still wanting a conger

The same trip we got the bass we also got some good ling and one of the lads got a 58lbs conger, now he's 6ft 3 and when he held it up with it's head near his it's tail was still trailing on the deck, awsome fight, got it on video somewhere aswell.

John Keggie on Oberon is well worth booking if anyone is fancying a good trip out, cheers, Liam..

• 2 weeks later...

A few pisc of our week on Alderney, fishing numerous wrecks off the French coast with the biggest cod been 17lbs and my biggest at 14lbs 10, loads of tope the biggest 35lbs and mine at 30lbs, great fishing with all 8 of us getting at least 1 personel best and at least 12 differant species caught.

post-23650-003175200 1279225296_thumb.jpg

post-23650-027924800 1279225321_thumb.jpg

post-23650-042603200 1279225336_thumb.jpg

post-23650-081041100 1279225354_thumb.jpg

post-23650-020896900 1279225430_thumb.jpg

A few pisc of our week on Alderney, fishing numerous wrecks off the French coast with the biggest cod been 17lbs and my biggest at 14lbs 10, loads of tope the biggest 35lbs and mine at 30lbs, great fishing with all 8 of us getting at least 1 personel best and at least 12 differant species caught.

cracking fish there mate :notworthy:

cracking fish there mate :notworthy:

Thanks mate,

Never miss, we fished the banks for Turbot on the tuesday and only had 3 on board all day, another charter boat out there got 17 the following day and reckoned their biggest was 17lbs (some Turbot that mate) so we tried an hour on the way back in on the thurs and i got the only one around 2 lbs, could of went out and hammered the double figure cod every day but we just got a few to bring home as it's pointless killing them just for the sake of a freezer full of fish, i'd much prefere to catch and release once i have a couple for the table, Liam..

Edited by RAPID7LIAM