Shotgun cleaning

Evening guys just wanted to know what the best cleaning procedure is for my gun 30" O/U, for example is it phosphorous brush first then jag then wool mop etc. Also I have a bisley cleaning kit how do I attach the patch to the jag a picture would be great. Also what do I use at each stage oil or bore cleaner (rough guide how much two drops etc) Or does anyone have a good video of he cleaning procedure?

Cheers Al

A long pise of nylon bailing twine, & pise of old cotton sheet 10cmx40cm. Fasten twine around middle of cotton cloth. Drop twine thru bore from mussle end, & pull thru,(maybe put cleaner on cloth sometime, light oil) do to both barrel. simples :thumbs: when cloth very dirty replace with another pise from sheet :laugh:

post-46973-020740100 1277754594_thumb.png

Edited by clint

lol those are great ideas but for those people not living in compton or watts, a squirt or two of bore cleaner on a brass brush and a couple of run throughs with a patch till it comes out fairly clean does a good job :D

you rip off (*reads box) 8" or there about of material slide through the slit of the jag and then rap it round. the slit is simply there to stop the patch sliding off when you push it through.

after turning the patch round and using a couple more strips it should come out clean (or as close as possable)

I usualy leave it there but (*reads box) it recomends running through with a finle peice with gun oil.

[edit] its a good idea to put the gun away barrels down, we dont want excess oil running back into the action :good:

Edited by wakey87

But if you oil the barrel before you put it away, don't forget to pull a few patches through before you use it next, until they come out oil free. Don't want to be firing through an oily tube, can cause all sorts of nasty hydraulic effects.