night floats

i've recently been doing a spot of night fishing and have bought a few floats that hold the night lights-glow sticks. i've got them of EBAY and ASKARI FISHING. they do the job but im sure there could be a better seletion somewhere on another site. does anyone know or buy off any other sites that they could recommend to me????

i seen a fella using a night float that had a screw on weight on the bottom that you could change to a different size to alter the boyancy levels. ideally this would be the type of float i am looking for. i've put a pic up of a similar float just incase you's are wondering what im waffling on about :whistling::whistling:

any help would be apprieciated...............thanks........MUDD DOG.............

post-39522-009233300 1276937245_thumb.gif

id save your money and get some bite alarms mate or,before i had the spare cash to buy the alarms,i used to get the glow sticks and tape them to the end of my rods for bite indication but more often than not,the resident bats used to twitch the line so i spent most of the night on my feet thinking id had a fish nibbling.

i have bite alarms but when there's a strong wind they constantly give false indications especially when using a 'drop back' indicator. using a night float to me mends this problem. i'd rather buy a specially designed float for the job, just can't seem to find the right one.

are they self cockers mate???? might be a bit lighter than what im looking for. though for the sake of a few bob they'd be handy to have in the kit :hmm:

are they self cockers mate???? might be a bit lighter than what im looking for. though for the sake of a few bob they'd be handy to have in the kit :hmm:

yes mate self cockers, just use a few split shot to hold them on, what kind of fish are you you fishing for on a night?

• 2 weeks later...

Just stick to standard floats from your local tackle shop normaly the nite lights (drennan) come with some tubing that attaches to nite light and float or use the drennan floats like someone else mentioned [bANNED TEXT] are you fishing for