the dog has seen the rabbit

Well, went out last night with 2 mates who had their dogs with them, i took along skye so she could hopefully watch and learn.

During the course of the night she seen a few rabbits so i slipped her on them, she seemed to course them well but wouldn't strike.

We had 27 rabbits when we finished. We headed off to pick them up at the gates we dropped at, and stopped at a field in hope there would be some nice easy rabbits for the pup.

There was a rake of rabbits, we singled one out in the beam and i walked her upto it until she seen it. The chase was on, the rabbit hit the fence a few times, at one point he even got through the box wire and came back out, skye was running up and down the dyke on its tail, i ave her a bit of vocal encouragement :D (Gi on lass...etc....)

She struck at the rabbit and took it with style. This is the first time she has caught live quarry. She looked puzzled "what am i supposed to do now boss" so with encouragement, she headed back to us, done a little circle around us and brought the rabbit straight back to my hand, she didnt drop it, which i feared she would.

All the home home she was proud as punch, while i was just in agony with my flaming ankle.

I'm very pleased with her performance, although she needs to realise that once the rabbit has gone, its gone

This is the first foot on the ladder for her, and hope to have many happy times with her as i did with blade.

final tally : 28

Well, went out last night with 2 mates who had their dogs with them, i took along skye so she could hopefully watch and learn.

During the course of the night she seen a few rabbits so i slipped her on them, she seemed to course them well but wouldn't strike.

We had 27 rabbits when we finished. We headed off to pick them up at the gates we dropped at, and stopped at a field in hope there would be some nice easy rabbits for the pup.

There was a rake of rabbits, we singled one out in the beam and i walked her upto it until she seen it. The chase was on, the rabbit hit the fence a few times, at one point he even got through the box wire and came back out, skye was running up and down the dyke on its tail, i ave her a bit of vocal encouragement :D (Gi on lass...etc....)

She struck at the rabbit and took it with style. This is the first time she has caught live quarry. She looked puzzled "what am i supposed to do now boss" so with encouragement, she headed back to us, done a little circle around us and brought the rabbit straight back to my hand, she didnt drop it, which i feared she would.

All the home home she was proud as punch, while i was just in agony with my flaming ankle.

I'm very pleased with her performance, although she needs to realise that once the rabbit has gone, its gone

This is the first foot on the ladder for her, and hope to have many happy times with her as i did with blade.

final tally : 28

how old is your pup well done