abbott bros

• 3 weeks later...

HI Enjoyed reading the articles on Abbot Bros a name I remember from my younger days bought many poultry,rabbits,and goats from them still have many of there price lists from the 1960/70s which I quite often look at to remind me of this great livestock firm

• 7 years later...

I got quite a few ferrets from Abbot Brothers..by train..to Durham station..It was really speacial,going to collect them...when I got my first ones sent ,at that time they where quite rare locally.Allways nice ferrets..It is so speacial memories...I did go and visit them,I believe it was 1985...I wanted to pick one or two from the hundreds I thought there would be,,,however all they had then was about half a dozen...I was gutted,,and Mr Abbot wanted £10...I was so dissapointed at not choosing from a business of ferrets ,that I dident buy one at all...Its an era gone..when this country  had a( rail service ,)instead of a money making concern.....