Gun restoration

Hi all I am new on here, I have a gun that I inherited from my grandfather its a W.J.Jeffery 12/b thats about all I can tell you I know it was checked over and I was told it was well in proof! which I guess it means its ok to shoot? its rather dirty although parts of the wood seem to have a nice variety of colours, the barrels are a kind of brown colour and have a wavy pattern on them, I would love to restore this gun to its former glory but I do not want to get ripped off can anyone suggest the best place to go to get everything done? if I can find the right place I would be most happy thanks in advance love the site

Hi all I am new on here, I have a gun that I inherited from my grandfather its a W.J.Jeffery 12/b thats about all I can tell you I know it was checked over and I was told it was well in proof! which I guess it means its ok to shoot? its rather dirty although parts of the wood seem to have a nice variety of colours, the barrels are a kind of brown colour and have a wavy pattern on them, I would love to restore this gun to its former glory but I do not want to get ripped off can anyone suggest the best place to go to get everything done? if I can find the right place I would be most happy thanks in advance love the site

I use WWW.ukgunrepairs.co.uk.

I have found them to be first class and reasonable. Why not drop them an email, I'm sure you wont be disapointed.

HI Jonty102.

May I ask you to look at our web site UK gun repairs we are in the South West, you do not say from what area you live. We have a fully Insured transport agreament with TNT and our insures we will collect. We quote for all work the quote is Foc. Sounds like a nice old gun right up our street. Please take a look at our site. Regards Sage UK Gun repairs.

Could be a nice gun; good maker and sounds like Damascus barrels. Might pay you to do nothing at all with it until you've positvely identified what it is specifically - you don't want to be running the risk of ruining valuable historic features for no reason.

Can you post some pics?

J.

Could be a nice gun; good maker and sounds like Damascus barrels. Might pay you to do nothing at all with it until you've positvely identified what it is specifically - you don't want to be running the risk of ruining valuable historic features for no reason.

Can you post some pics?

J.

Yes a couple of pictures would be good. Is it a hammer gun? Given to the right people to restore properly would sound like doing your grandad's memory a service.

Hi there i would definitely ping an email off to UK gunrepairs they have all the resources to bring this gun back to its former glory. I have had work done by them and would not go to anyone else now. Take a look at their web site i think you will see they are more than capable of doing what is required.

Shootingcharley.

After looking at the site I gave them a ring, very helpfull people they are collecting the gun and will give me a full report before carrying out any work, I will post more info when I have it although I do not have a camera I will see if I can get some taken

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at the site I gave them a ring, very helpfull people they are collecting the gun and will give me a full report before carrying out any work, I will post more info when I have it although I do not have a camera I will see if I can get some taken

I think you may be intrested to see what arrives courtesy of TNT pm delivery. ENJOY.

Sage UK GUN REPAIRS>

Come on then, let's see some pics! Like a good bit of ironwork to look at! :D

Hi all got them to do me a pic of the barrels but I do not know how to enlarge it? but believe me it looks superb!as does the rest of the gun, I am so pleased that I trusted them to do the work, I would reccomend these people to anyone, you guys need to check them out, everything done at one place with regular updates on work done!! thank you uk gun repairs great work

post-50266-127325690205.jpg

Edited by jonty102

Come on then, let's see some pics! Like a good bit of ironwork to look at! :D

Thank you for your kind words.

ENJOY from the boys at UK Gun Repairs.

Hi all got them to do me a pic of the barrels but I do not know how to enlarge it? but believe me it looks superb!as does the rest of the gun, I am so pleased that I trusted them to do the work, I would reccomend these people to anyone, you guys need to check them out, everything done at one place with regular updates on work done!! thank you uk gun repairs great work