Shotgun Certificate

Cant remember what questions they ask - just make sure your clued up about laws and differences with shot etc.

Have an idea where your cabinet will be, and remember only YOU is to have access to it - no one else.

Tell him you are training to become a keeper and you need it for your future career - whilst your at it tell him you also need an application form for your firearms and he should sort it out.

FTB

Cant remember what questions they ask - just make sure your clued up about laws and differences with shot etc.

Have an idea where your cabinet will be, and remember only YOU is to have access to it - no one else.

Tell him you are training to become a keeper and you need it for your future career - whilst your at it tell him you also need an application form for your firearms and he should sort it out.

FTB

Thanks Greame what caliber of rifle is that one of yours? is it a 22-250 ?

Have you heard anything about Carnell yet ?

Many thanks

Andrew.

FTB

Would he start asking me question about where im Training to be a keeper and if he did would i just say Carnell Estate??

All I can say is just take your time, answer what they ask you truthfully and there isn't a problem.

You are under no obligation to tell him what you intend to use your Shotguns for or why you need a certificate. Unlike an FAC, you do not have to provide a good reason for each weapon/certificate, the police have to prove that you are not capable of safely holding a shotgun certificate to refuse you.

It does no harm to discuss what you intend to use them for but no justification is needed. If he asks where you intend to keeper, just mention the name of the estate as you have and leave it there, no further discussion needed.

I vaguely remember when I got my SGC years back, and I was living with my parent at the time. The FEO came around, asked me what I wanted the license for, i said it was for clay shooting and maybe some game shooting at some stage. He didnt ask about cabinet, security or anything like that at all. Told him about the local clay range id read up on and that was about it. Nice and easy, no problems at all.

I guess its just a quick check really to make sure you havent got Rambo posters up all over your living room and answer the door in camo gear with a machette in your belt or that kind of thing!