was out last night , only a small bag of 2 bunnies, put hey was still a good night :) * pics*

Guest Dale

decided to take my bitch out with a mates dog as she was itching to get away from her 6 almost 5 week old pups , so decided to take her with us just for the walk out , wasnt intending to slip her , but did do twice, seen a few out but we never really go for numbers , come home with an even number , 1 per dog.

all in all good night out and very pleased with my bitch's performance :)

the final tally -

Picture171.jpg

Picture174.jpg

lady having a well earned rest :)

Picture167.jpg

Dale

ime no expert but is taking a bitch that has had pups only 5 weeks ago out lamping a good idea????? i mean what if you had a prob??? surly shes not in condition for it :hmm: if any thing happend the pups wuld be f****d

yes i know , she wasnt ment to be slipped , its just like taking her for a walk , i know ill get critism on here but i thought my dog was ok enough to go out , she doesnt really bother with them now , there all up , eating , walking . no excuse i know to take her lamping , the rabbit she did take was a sitter and didnt get far , thats when i put her back in the car . then carried on the night ,

Dale

Guest Lurchers2006
ime no expert but is taking a bitch that has had pups only 5 weeks ago out lamping a good idea????? i mean what if you had a prob??? surly shes not in condition for it :hmm: if any thing happend the pups wuld be f****d

I was thinking the same!?

I had the same result last night. It was as still as the churchyard where I was and there wasn't much about. The five foxes didn't help either. I had one b*****d sat about 50 yards behind a bunny and I couldn't slip the dog because she could see the bloody fox :11: Had a few runs though and came home with two coneys. Bitch skinned a pad though so she's lame now.

Nice one.. :good: i was out my self last night just localy and what a pile of shite.. :D .. everything i spotted in the lamp ran of as though it had a dog up it's arse.. one item of quarry was even turning as though it was trying to loose a dog.. :blink: ..

It's all down to being over lamped by people who dont have the dog's that are upto the job.. :( ..

On the bit about taking the bitch out 5wks after pup i wouldn't see a problem with it as long as you are sensible which it sound's like you where.. :yes: ...and at 5 wks them pup's should be nearly weaned of the bitch by now so if they was any accident's the pup's would be fine anyway..

Millet

as im just trying to keep her active i thought id wudnt have hurt taking her out for 2 runs , and thats all she had , 1 caught 1 got away , then back in the car she was , and we carried on the night with my mates dog , i have just started her on the lamp as she was mainly used for ferreting , but shes turning out to be very usefull lamping dog , as for the pups side , there all turning out great , all wormed so far , all healthy, and all bloody barking and fighting with 1 an other :) , the joys of puppy hood i guess :11:

Dale

2 bunnies is better than nothing Dale its getting out that count,i had a drive round last night locally too, nice to see some big rabbit looking things still about for the dog to get a run at :whistle: ,not as much in the way of rabbits though myxies deffinitely put a dent in them over this way :( .

thats true , myxy is certainly having a good show around our way stevie , specially round the crimdon area , not much up there now , ALOT of hare and the red un's up that tees road though :whistle:

Dale