Out the other night

Did the rounds for about four hours, loads of bunnies out but the shooting buddy that was with me has charlie fever so the search went on and on. You know the kind, ohhhh ohhh there's one when in fact it is a road cone. After spotting a couple and calling them in to less than two hundred yards while he faffed about with his .222 making enough noise to wake a member of the house of lords I started to despair. On to the last set of fields of the night. The lamp picked up the fox at two hundred plus and the call went on. Charlie started to circle off to the right. The hedgerow is one of those awkward buggers with the occasional gap so contact was lost. As it was turned midnight and sod all had gone to meet it's maker I decided to call it a night . Driving up the private lane we shone the lamp for one last time and blow me there it was looking straight at us. My buddy had unloaded and dropped the bolt out. Fortunately my .17hmr still had the bolt in but no bi pod so it was an offhand shot............... 117 yards and smack in the breastbone and stone dead. I think it may take a day or two for him to speak to me again :lol::lol::lol: One less vixen in the world :thup:

1a95313c.jpg

Why do they do that ive lost count of the times ive unloaded put the ammo away then hello CHARLES REYNARD HERE .

The other night i thought bugger it been out 3 hours and knackered unloaded put the rifle in the slip and yes you have to do it one last cast round with the lamp, a pop pair eyes :icon_eek: a quick reverse back 100 yards or so jump out pull rifle from the slip load puffing like an old horse ,a couple of squeeks on the caller in he came like an express train squeek ,stop BANG down he goes ,why couldnt he do that a few hours ago :bye:

Why do they do that ive lost count of the times ive unloaded put the ammo away then hello CHARLES REYNARD HERE .

The other night i thought bugger it been out 3 hours and knackered unloaded put the rifle in the slip and yes you have to do it one last cast round with the lamp, a pop pair eyes :icon_eek: a quick reverse back 100 yards or so jump out pull rifle from the slip load puffing like an old horse ,a couple of squeeks on the caller in he came like an express train squeek ,stop BANG down he goes ,why couldnt he do that a few hours ago :bye:

Maybe ive shot them all :whistling::whistling::whistling: