Bristol channel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you buy them off a lad named jason???????? gary evans for our worm

Jason,thats the fella,had a good chat with him,said he used to keep terrier's, but was into flying bird's now.Enjoyed the chat with him,nice fella.Can't remember the name of the place we got the worm from,i met a lad at cold knapp one night,who lived in Tonyrefail,he said he drove to newport to get his bait,cos he knew it would always be good.Thats why we got it there,think he used to advertise in sea angler as well.

Edited by bill88

yes he's a very good friend of mine he's a firemen signs my firearms and shotgun for me yes keeps gos hawks now he is salt of the earth he also used to keep lurchers had the brother to my bitch just got back in from fishing redwick ledges what a waste of time was out about 3 hours to much weed about kept driveing me mad

bobby you might know it....which is the mark you can fish over low water that you can walk out over gravel between the mud,it is further down the channel than goldcliff..there is a small lane leading to it,i believe it is where there is a sewage outlet there,dont know wether it is still in operation...where you park you can only get about 4 cars in there...by the way,as vincy said,the mark iam enquiring about,my mate had his van done over there :censored: you would never see your vieckle as it is down behind the wall...

THIS IS BLACK PIPE MATE,GOT A LITLE STRUCTURE THERE YOU CAN FISH OFF COMFORTABLY,A GOOD SPOT AND NOT MANY PEOPLE FISH IT,I HAVE HAD SOME GREAT DAYS AND NIGHTS THERE,IF YOU CAN GET THERE A HOUR EARLIER YOU CAN GET THIS SPOT WHICH IS ONE OF THE BETTER SPOTS,HAVE A LOOK AT LOW WATER FIRST AND YOU CAN SEE FROM WHERE YOU WILL BE CASTING TO IS A MIXED BED OF SMALL BITS OF SHALE GOING ONTO ALL SAND WITH A FEW SMALL ROCKS THERE WHICH SHOULD NOT CAUSE YOU ANY PROBLEMS AS LONG AS YOU REEL IN FAST,I HAVE HAD 3 FISH OVER 10LB COME OFF THERE AND PLENTY OF 3,5LB COD,LOADS OF CONGERS AS WELL ,NEVER SEEN A RAY COME OFF THERE BUT HAVE HEARD THEY BEEN CAUGHT THERE BUT NOT SEEN IT MYSELF

Edited by wife

wife i have had a couple of small skate off there over the years even more congers hafod no bites and no fish comeing out wife used to be a car on the rocks is it still there??????? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by vincy

LOL MATE,THAT CAR SLOWLY ROTTING AWAY,LAST TIME I WAS DOWN THERE YOU COULD JUST SEE THE BACK AXLE OF IT ABOVE THE SAND,THAT HAS BEN THERE FOR AROUND 8 YEARS THAT I KNOW OF,AS SOON AS I READ WHAT YOU TYPED I KNEW WHAT YOU WAS ON ABOUT,ITS JUST TO THE RIGHT WHEN YOU STAND ON THE CONCRETE BIT,ALL THE RAILINGS HAVE BEEN KNOCKED OFF IT NOW,GOING ON MY MATES BOAT DOWN NEWPORT IN 2 WEEKS SO FINGERS CROSSED WILL HAVE SOME LUCK,TIGHT LINES