i'm not sure about over here but in germany you have such contracts(over a minimum of nine years :icon_eek: )

which entitles you to the "right" to hunt,as with most things in law it also has responsibilities.

for example if you have sole rabbiting then you MAY be responsible for damage caused by them,be sure to include that you are not :thumbs:

as long as the contract is written properly you will both get a good deal,doyou have any freinds who work in law? a notar will cost a few quid but may be worth the money.

waidmann

go to the B.A.S.C web page and contact them ,they do draft copies of shooting leases,they will send you one out and all you have to do is you and the land owner fill it in and you both sign it but make sure it is also counter signed by a whitness

No experience myself just going on other peoples experiences, but I believe the farmer is still entitled to have someone there of their choosing for the purpose of vermin shooting even if you have exclusive sporting rights... :hmm:

Edited by maltenby

Has anyone done this before or got any ideas where I can find an example?

Yes often.

The law is complicated, even with a lease the landowner still has the legal obligation to control pests.

I paid a solicitor £600 to draw up an Iron clad lease agreement that I can use across the board, I just type the date, names, addresses on to word and print off a copy and even then it's worth what your willing to pay in court costs!

The best advice I can give is that you need to look at how much investment you will be putting in to your shoot (Time & money), if it's a lot then get a proper lease drawn up because if the landowner pulls out, you will lose everything invested. Don't believe for one minuet the free lease documents will stand up in court, I have been though it and paid the price. The problem with driven shoots (just a guess) is that it will take you three years to get things running properly and if it's a for profit shoot then you will be lucky to break even in the forth year. Five seasons is a long time for the farmer!!

I own the lease on two very successful driven shoots and haven't even got the right to shoot over the land!

As I say, the law is complex, watch your back and don't trust anyone because once you get things running the landowner WILL see extra profit and believe you me, you will be the last thing on his/her mind.

I'm renting some land for to run a shoot and want to have a written agreement with the farmer to make sure I have exclusive shooting rights. Has anyone done this before or got any ideas where I can find an example?

BASC will send you a sample