Goose rag decoys

Does anyone use goose rag decoys? Are they any good?

What is your opinion on them or do you know someone that has experienced them?

I know where there are some for £40 box of 50 posted without sticks.

Or are they just wanting to off load them.

Isn't the aim of a rag decoy to add numbers in among full bodied decoys? I've seen videos of them used in the US in among 200+ full bodied decoys with the main aim of adding movement into the mix. If you are just using a small number of full bodied decoys then they have to be REALLY convincing to entice geese in. I can't see rag decoys having much success used on their own. But someone else might know differently......

Edited by BuHouse

Isn't the aim of a rag decoy to add numbers in among full bodied decoys? I've seen videos of them used in the US in among 200+ full bodied decoys with the main aim of adding movement into the mix. If you are just using a small number of full bodied decoys then they have to be REALLY convincing to entice geese in. I can't see rag decoys having much success used on their own. But someone else might know differently......

Thanks for that.

Just looked on google maps where you are Orkney and saw a nice looking place called Outertown,

Oh where do you live "Outertown" great name that :notworthy:

Regards

Hcc

Thanks for that.

Just looked on google maps where you are Orkney and saw a nice looking place called Outertown,

Regards

Hcc

Hi Hcc its better than living intown!

DD (another chessie lad here)

Thanks for that.

Regards

Hcc

Hi Hcc its better than living intown!

DD (another chessie lad here)

I have to agree Orkney looks millions better than "town"

Regards

Hcc

• 1 month later...

hi - I still have the goose rags and if they were no good, they would be in the bin! I use five full bodied ones and use 30/40 goose rags with them. I have 100 goose rags of my own and 2 packs (50 in each pack) to sell. Have had over 300 geese in a season before land was bought by a syndicate so i nolonger need 200 rags 100 is plenty 4 me i shot 16 on my own 1 day in front of farm i have photo when i learn how 2 down size it there is photo on already on wildfowling with 7 or 8 geese i got with chris simmo

I did not mean to offend you with my post I just wanted to know if anyone had had any success with them thats all but as you can see there was not a lot of folks with any comments about them. I did pass your details on to the chap above who said he was interested.

All the best

Hcc

hi - I still have the goose rags and if they were no good, they would be in the bin! I use five full bodied ones and use 30/40 goose rags with them. I have 100 goose rags of my own and 2 packs (50 in each pack) to sell. Have had over 300 geese in a season before land was bought by a syndicate so i nolonger need 200 rags 100 is plenty 4 me i shot 16 on my own 1 day in front of farm i have photo when i learn how 2 down size it there is photo on already on wildfowling with 7 or 8 geese i got with chris simmo

I did not mean to offend you with my post I just wanted to know if anyone had had any success with them thats all but as you can see there was not a lot of folks with any comments about them. I did pass your details on to the chap above who said he was interested.

All the best

Hcc

No offence taken - thanks for passing on details.

Cheers

Les

PS - Have a few pals in Chesterfield; do you know David and Stephen Marriott

I have to admit that their names dont spring to mind but I may know their faces if you know what I mean. They may have been to our clayshoot.

Smallish place really. :thumbs:

Regards

Hcc

edited to say where are you in west yorks roughly?

Edited by harrycatcat