Perfectly legal with an air rifle, although basc frown on it, saying it isnt enough gun, and game licenses are still in force, though likely to be phased out in the next few years.[ in england and wales that is]

:hmm::hmm: does the air riffle have to be of fac standard or not ?? :hmm::hmm:

you've got me thinkin now,,, i could have sworn it wasnt but hey as i say i'm often wrong :11:

I'm off to bed now but I'll have a wee dig about tommorow and see what i can come up with ! ;)

cheers

Ricky

I wouldn't try it meself mate.Not really the done thing with an air rifle (fac being different of course) even when i've crawled on me belly,ive never got within 50 yds of a hare.Personally i dont really give a monkeys what the basc think,i was a member,but got the impression they don't really give a f**k about airguns.Now insured through the cla,seems a much better deal seeing as i work my terrier and lurcher.As for the hare,i'd rather give it a go with a rimmy to be honest,imo.

Ive knocked over hares with a s400 .177 a fair while back but since then ive seen the light and no way am i doing it again. Its a waste of a hare and the guns really not upto the job if yoru that desperate get a .22 rimmy or 17hmr as suggested. Or even better get a lurcher.

Ive knocked over hares with a s400 .177 a fair while back but since then ive seen the light and no way am i doing it again. Its a waste of a hare and the guns really not upto the job if yoru that desperate get a .22 rimmy or 17hmr as suggested. Or even better get a lurcher.

Jordan you couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces let alone a live animal :clapper: :11:

Jordan you couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces let alone a live animal :clapper: :11:

Not with your rifles i couldnt :11: You just put the scope on top and assume its zeroed dont you Phil? :rofl: