bitch gone nutty!

Guest bullterrier

I met somone who breeds English bulls a while back and this can be quite common with them. They take all there pups from the mother, they then muzzel the bitch and put the pups on her every 2 hours for the first 2 weeks then every 4 hours after that. A lot of dedication needed but you cant replace the colostrum or the milk from the bitch. good luck

have only seen it twice mate remember my old bitch have a litter of 9 at two weeks of age my little lad at the time used to to sit in the whelping box with the bitch and pups reading a story to the pups but saying that my lad and that bitch were as thick as thief's..thumbs.gif ..john

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

having bred quite a few litters over the years I would say she has a calcium deficiency and I would run her down the vets for a calcium shot, this should calm her down but I would muzzle her when she calms down and try to let the pups feed just pin her down she should calm down after a while.

If you need to feed them on your own use full fat goats milk as this is the nearest thing to a bitches milk

All the best

For the moment at least shall we stop talking about killing the poor f****r?! Shes just given birth, of course her hormones are all over the place. Especially if its her first litter! 2 options:

Option 1) Give her pups back and if she kills um she kills um and then she will get back to normal over the next few weeks,

Option 2) Keep her away from the pups and your son and play it by ear. Without her pups she will be just as traumatised as any HUMAN would be regardless of wether she kills um or just has um taken off her by you.

Why is she going bonkers? Because she is hormonal and traumatised! What she needs right now is understanding, support and time, not a bullet!

clapper.gifclapper.gifclapper.gifclapper.gif true let everyone leave the house put the pups back they die they die sorry but thats life she should settle but then if not you have lost all but kept your son