callin crow

was wondering if anyone had tried the crow decoy that calls on and off aswell. dont know if one would be worth a try

SOME PUT CROW IN WITH DEECS IF IT MAKES A DIFFERANCE I DONT NO I NEVER HAVE BUT IT CARNT DO ENEY HARM ITS A CARMING THING FOR IN COMEING BIRDS NEVER HERD ONE MAKE A NOISE TRY ONE THATS THE ONLEY WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU GOOD HUNTING

was wondering if anyone had tried the crow decoy that calls on and off aswell. dont know if one would be worth a try

SOME PUT CROW IN WITH DEECS IF IT MAKES A DIFFERANCE I DONT NO I NEVER HAVE BUT IT CARNT DO ENEY HARM ITS A CARMING THING FOR IN COMEING BIRDS NEVER HERD ONE MAKE A NOISE TRY ONE THATS THE ONLEY WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU GOOD HUNTING

nice to see people giving advice without knowing whats allowed :wallbash:

maybe eli should read the laws before shooting or giving advice

ITS ILLEGAL to use a caller for shooting, they are for photographic purposes ONLY... :doh:

this is what i was talking about i dont know how to put it up as a link. surely cant be illegal what would be point of selling them? http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=312764&ClassID=265

theres lots of items, that are illegal in this country, but not illegal to sell, a bit like canabis seeds, perfectly legal to buy, but try growing it and your nicked, the same goes for your crow, its ok to sell, because as mentioned, its use is for photographic/filming purposes, you'll see it makes no mention of "shooting" in the advert

the point of selling is to make money, but the purchaser cannot use the excuse "I did'nt know" when they get a tug from plod, as all laws/legalisation should be checked before the shooting of any animal, its a shooters responcability to check these things out

what some new shooters need to remember, is they may see shooting wood pigeons or crows as sport or fun, and we all know it is fun, BUT, and heres the but, you cant use that excuse for shooting them if someone was to ask you, your only reply can be, FOR PEST CONTROL, and you still need to mention, that you have tried every other means possible to keep them away from the area, banger ropes, scarecrows etc, and that shooting is the last and only option

using decoys is within the law, but using a "caller" is looked upon as enticing them down, would they still have come within shooting range if not, therefore your not doing all you can to keep them away by using an electronic device

Just to clarify,

The law in regard to using callers for shooting wild birds is covered by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, particularly Section 1(5)(d) which goes as follows,

uses as a decoy, for the purpose of killing or taking any wild bird, any sound recording or any live bird or other animal whatever which is tethered, or which is secured by means of braces or other similar appliances, or which is blind, maimed or injured;

:thumbs:

all laws/legalisation should be checked before the shooting of any animal, its a shooters responcability to check these things out

what about all the dvds ive got they all use callers for fox,wildfowl ,deer are these not law abiding .law dont need much to go on then its all on film

as above says mate, on this post, were talking about decoying CROWS!!! :doh: