GREYHOUNDS- track closing 200 need homes!!!

Having just seen some of the thread with people looking for dogs, and breeding.

We ALWAYS have greyhounds in the rescue, youngsters, retired dogs. Ive now heard that a track is closing and god knows how many need homes.

I know they wont all be suitable but surely some of these dogs will be excellant workers and reduce the need for breeding.

I know it maybe wont make me popular but I run my own dog rescue. Last year I was lucky if I saw 1 saluki/lurcher a month, now its at least one a week. The greys are even worse, this last month has been a joke.

Some of them are missing/lost but no one ever claims them.

Portsmouth is not a definate closure the leaseholder is trying to negotitaite an extension to his current lease

http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/news-round-up-stow-delay-and-pompey-fears/688014/latest/

eric graham leases the track for £12000 a year and the south east development agency are putting it up to £100000 a year so it dont look good for portsmoth dog track.

i think alot of tracks are not doing so well at the min

its a dying out game.. its sad realy,,and my opinion labour has put the full country in a real shambles!!how things have changed from they got power.. b*****ds

Its a shame wull used to love going to the dog track as a lad with my dad.If i was allowed to parade the dog all the better.atb.Catcher