• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not much sport in stockie bashing :whistling:

told you an all the only thing id be bashing is your head :black eye: :boxing:and who cares if there stocked brownies at least were out fishing you mug weres your pics of your days out you have none :blush: so you can say f**k all about other people :wankerzo4:

All I have to say is that if trout were not stocked in lakes there would'nt be that much fish for anglers to catch and take home for the dinner plate, and wild trout don't breed/spawn in lakes so you can only catch whats stocked in the lake, If everybody who fishes for trout only fished for wild trout I can garantee you that within a few seasons the rivers would be fishless, that surely would be the end of the true wild trout.

Not everybody has the pleasure to fish for wild brownies and as I said if they did after a few seasons there would'nt be any/many left as not everybody fishes catch and release, so in my view stocked trout are very much welcome in lakes to provide people with sport and something for the plate.

All I have to say is that if trout were not stocked in lakes there would'nt be that much fish for anglers to catch and take home for the dinner plate, and wild trout don't breed/spawn in lakes so you can only catch whats stocked in the lake, If everybody who fishes for trout only fished for wild trout I can garantee you that within a few seasons the rivers would be fishless, that surely would be the end of the true wild trout.

Not everybody has the pleasure to fish for wild brownies and as I said if they did after a few seasons there would'nt be any/many left as not everybody fishes catch and release, so in my view stocked trout are very much welcome in lakes to provide people with sport and something for the plate.

To be fair, they are pretty much all stocked. There are very few freshwater sites that are not or have not been stocked or had some hatching/stock enhancement program.

I guess if you do catch a 'wild' brown trout you really ought to put it back anyway, and whats the point in that?

well said mate foxyjo just hasent got a clue calls himself a fisher man and hunter :D :D :D what a joke

Have to disagree slightly - Wild brown trout spawn in rivers running in to the lakes , most of the fry will then drop down in to the lake and many of these will be eaten by other fish , and birds. However the ones that remain will grow and stay in the lake.

So a lake does not have to be stocked to have fish in! - In wales, ireland , scotland and england there are hundreds of lakes [mostly highland] that have never been stocked , and are packed with fish. As long as we ensure healthy and accessible habitat for the fish to spawn and fry to develop , the Wild Brownie will survive.

I have always had the pleasure of being able to fish for wild brown trout - and if its over 11" its knocked on the head. Mind you i only keep what i need, Many fishermen are the same in this particular lake,and its been like this for donkeys, we also carry out loads of habitat work which is the key.

As for stockies - nothing wrong in bashing them! have fun.

Have to disagree slightly - Wild brown trout spawn in rivers running in to the lakes , most of the fry will then drop down in to the lake and many of these will be eaten by other fish , and birds. However the ones that remain will grow and stay in the lake.

So a lake does not have to be stocked to have fish in! - In wales, ireland , scotland and england there are hundreds of lakes [mostly highland] that have never been stocked , and are packed with fish. As long as we ensure healthy and accessible habitat for the fish to spawn and fry to develop , the Wild Brownie will survive.

I have always had the pleasure of being able to fish for wild brown trout - and if its over 11" its knocked on the head. Mind you i only keep what i need, Many fishermen are the same in this particular lake,and its been like this for donkeys, we also carry out loads of habitat work which is the key.

As for stockies - nothing wrong in bashing them! have fun.

cheers heds mate :thumbs: