1st time ferreting

Im really looking forward to taking my 2 gills out and coming home with some supper (maybe.)I understand the kit needed but how can i or do i need to prepare them?

A small pole and a med sandy, they are fit and get plenty of running and fight time but they are indoor pets with most of their bite trained out. Are they too soft for the job or will their wild side come out?

They've been introduced to a few holes (on a leash) and bolted 1 first time (beginers luck!)and seem to be well up for it!

Oh... and the most important bit. If any thing was to happen to them my missus would kill me...slowly!!

wack them down a hole, instinct will kick in, all of my ferts are treated as pets first and formost, none are biters, wouldent keep one if they were, but you'll find they may start off slowly, but get better as time goes on, please dont put them down holes though with a lease attached, if you cant afford a locator, just do shallow sets until you can.

Thanks guys, good to know.

Problem was i've been getting too much advice from pub experts, and it always conflicts!

You know the type of experts i mean!?

if i were you i would be looking at stopping the now :icon_eek: till sept or oct cos there will be young about and unless you want to dig or wait a long time :whistling: i would stop :victory: