does being spoilt effect the way the dog works

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray1! Here Here!

To see the grey winter bloom come through on a bedi lurchers coat is worth all the effort in making a decent kennel.

This occurance never happened when i kept her inside. :thumbs:

:yes: my saluki,grey x bull,grey is nearly red in winter and blonde in summer!he's just moulting his winter coat now.(he's outside btw.)

dotty i have had working dogs greyhounds collie type, proper working terriers they all preferd to be in there kennel chewing a good bone , they settle in there kennel better ,rather than in and out , had dogs years ago in house but ,not for twenty years , one when you have been digging all day terrier prefers to go to his bed , 2 when you have had ahard nites lamping running in sghitty conditions the best place is in a dry warm kennel, i dont likedogs lying about house i used to when i was akid but prefer them to have their space and i have mines works for me ,and as for socalising them i just take one out kennel train him a bit give him his dinner, working collies are out side working foxhounds racing greyhounds , spaniels labs ,so why not lurchers if you build good kennels lights drains heat lamp good qaulity kennels roofed in, best place for them ,and it makes them hardier i think , correct me if im wrong but dont no many serous dog lads who have them all in house ,nowadays ,maybe if i had one ,i have my home dog has theres best way for me,plus if you have a ones that chews best in kennel if you are out working to many pluses for out side for me

totally agree pal!

Load of bollocks being mouthed off here, i have 8 dogs (6 in kennels) and i have two in the house. It doesn't make a blind bit of a difference to the working ability of the dog and that is what was being asked.

Yes the mess is easier to contain in the kennels, but as for "PURE WORKING ABILITY" then not a difference. As has been said, if the dog has it in it, then it will do the job wherever it has decided to sleep/stay.

I've had a house dog out on the lamp in minus 5 and it hasn't made a difference, if it's cold it's cold, if it's warm it's warm.

Or do some guys like to make their dogs "Hard" by giving em shit housing.

My kennels are insulated,warm and plenty of room in the runs, but again, no difference, and i keep terriers, lurchers and spaniels.

Look after the dog and it will look after you, it doesn't really give a shit where it sleeps/lives as long as it has something to keep the mind active and is comfortable.

A dog thats kept in poor conditions will end up in poor condition.

furthermore the dog will be unable to carry out its working role to its full potential.Not forgetting the moral issues.Thats not what most dog owners are about.

Its an open forum and open to opinion.People are bound to differ from there own personal experiances.Thats the essence of a good healthy debate.

To be fair the question was very open ended and subject to loads of different interpretation.

Does been spoilt affect the way a dog works? That is also the title....

Edited by Mick C.

this is my lab cross she lives inside sleeps at the foot of my bed gets spoiled by the mrs and works 100% she retrieves birds from any where flushes them from thick bush and enjoys catching rabbits she has two modes house mode and work mode so i dont think it matters if there kept in or out or are spoiled or not :thumbs:

post-47340-126774731588.jpg

post-47340-126774733501.jpg

post-47340-126774735769_thumb.jpg