different ferret colours

That's all American rubbish mate.

'Standard chocolates', 'standard sable' 'standard black sable'....all just polecats as far as I'm concerned. Never thought it was a good idea for them to focus so much on the ferret's jackets and give them all the fancy names...would hate even more for it to pollute the ferreting cummunity.

The black footed ferrets are interesting wee beasts though. :yes: Very interesting to see them hunt and fantastic that they have been saved from extinction, at least for the time being.

'Standard chocolates', 'standard sable' 'standard black sable'....all just polecats as far as I'm concerned. Never thought it was a good idea for them to focus so much on the ferret's jackets and give them all the fancy names...would hate even more for it to pollute the ferreting cummunity.

The black footed ferrets are interesting wee beasts though. :yes: Very interesting to see them hunt and fantastic that they have been saved from extinction, at least for the time being.

i know they are just polecats mate the americans have some mad names for them :blink: the black footed ferret are nice we animals watched a documentry on them a while back brilliant watching them hunt would be handy in my ferreting team i wish :thumbs::laugh: :laugh:

i know they are just polecats mate the americans have some mad names for them :blink: the black footed ferret are nice we animals watched a documentry on them a while back brilliant watching them hunt would be handy in my ferreting team i wish :thumbs::laugh: :laugh:

They are lightning fast, ey? :D

I personally want one of these, they would be great fun even if it would destroy the house! And I wonder whether or not they could be trained to take down tree rats...now that would be a sight! :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a different one for you, this little fella isn't a ferret at all but a "Khonorik" that is a mink cross EU polecat.

The cross originated in Russia for the fur trade but they are now making an appearance in the UK.

post-3119-126800721379.jpg

ATB FT

He's a cracker FT do you use him for working? I would'nt mind getting my hands on one of them he's a nice looking fella.

ATB Paddy

Heres a different one for you, this little fella isn't a ferret at all but a "Khonorik" that is a mink cross EU polecat.

The cross originated in Russia for the fur trade but they are now making an appearance in the UK.

post-3119-126800721379.jpg

ATB FT

He's a cracker FT do you use him for working? I would'nt mind getting my hands on one of them he's a nice looking fella.

ATB Paddy

Hi Paddy in answer to your question yes i have given him a shot at working but you have to watch him like a hawk as he is so damn fast, not sure if he will settle down with time at the moment he flies through warrens and you have to be ready to grab him when he comes out or he is off to the next hole he can find.

Still when all is said and done he is just a curiosity at the moment but is good to handle never tries to bite.

ATB FT