weather effects

Hello all, firstly would like to say thank you to all who have helped / adviced me with snaring on here - success rate has really improved through taking your advice.

Nextly - i want more information and advice!

Wondered peoples ideas about the effect that weather conditions have upon snaring success, the behavious of rabbits, and how to overcome any difficulties that adverse weather onditions present?

for example should snares be set differently if they're to be out in heavy rain? higher lower? (or set at all)?

I have always assumed that its best to set snares if areas most shaded from strong winds, dont know if others agree?

interested to hear peoples findings,

cheers

sean.

Hello all, firstly would like to say thank you to all who have helped / adviced me with snaring on here - success rate has really improved through taking your advice.

Nextly - i want more information and advice!

Wondered peoples ideas about the effect that weather conditions have upon snaring success, the behavious of rabbits, and how to overcome any difficulties that adverse weather onditions present?

for example should snares be set differently if they're to be out in heavy rain? higher lower? (or set at all)?

I have always assumed that its best to set snares if areas most shaded from strong winds, dont know if others agree?

interested to hear peoples findings,

cheers

sean.

get in touch with WOODGA on this sight;hes topman at this game

The weather does affect snaring,i set some hoops out on saturday where there is a few rabbits then the snow came,which will keep the rabbits in.Rabbits won't travel far out in bad weather ie:snow frost or heavy rain,you need a dark windy night same as lamping it is then that the rabbits move out into the fields to feed.I am not saying this is true of all rabbits just going on what i have found by snaring in differant weather conditions.

The weather does affect snaring,i set some hoops out on saturday where there is a few rabbits then the snow came,which will keep the rabbits in.Rabbits won't travel far out in bad weather ie:snow frost or heavy rain,you need a dark windy night same as lamping it is then that the rabbits move out into the fields to feed.I am not saying this is true of all rabbits just going on what i have found by snaring in differant weather conditions.

ok, cheers!

i imagine this means that my nights are going to be pretty fruitless for the next week then!!

........buggary.