some advice please

my dog has a slight limp when hes on the roads or hard ground but the minit he hits the grass hes off and it appears to be gone . have checked his feet and i can see a tiny hole in one of his pads could something be in thare ? and if it is will it work its way out .or could it be something els maybe a sore toe ? hes running on grass as he nomaly would and its annoying me now and i want to find out whats causing it . my pups in for his jag next week so i think i will take him with me and get the vet to have a look . any help will be great thanks

my dog has a slight limp when hes on the roads or hard ground but the minit he hits the grass hes off and it appears to be gone . have checked his feet and i can see a tiny hole in one of his pads could something be in thare ? and if it is will it work its way out .or could it be something els maybe a sore toe ? hes running on grass as he nomaly would and its annoying me now and i want to find out whats causing it . my pups in for his jag next week so i think i will take him with me and get the vet to have a look . any help will be great thanks

Have you tried putting a clean needle in the hole and try tapping could well be glass don't leave it to long or the pad will seal. if you feel some thing and you are ok with it try and work it from side to side be aware it might be well in but just take your time make sure it's sterilised as u go along. It's important 2 remember wotever is causing the limp needs sorting, limit the walking etc as it cud just be making things worse. Cheers Greg