Help!

OK, so my little jill has started to come into season. I decided i wasn't going to breed from her this year and so would get her the jab. I called the vet and they said that the jab also has it's risks and that they couldn't do it anyway because she had come into season and the jab must be given before they come in. Is this true?

SO it looks like i need to find a vasectomiesed hob to run with her or she will stay in season and i worry for her health. Anyone got one is south wales area?

Any help much appreciated!

atb

Jai.

You definately need to find a new vet!! The jill jab is used to take your jill out of season once she has come into it. When i got my first ferret she had been in season for 3months and the jill jab brought her out after 2 wks then she was spayed. Any vet will administer the jill jab once they are in season. What area are you in as someone may know a vet in your area . You are correct and your vet is Wrong. Hope this helps sort things out. :thumbs:

Yer i thought i was right! It's strange cos they are a really good vet usually - been taking all the dogs there for years as well as other ferrets, sheep and god knows what else over the years. Was a new boy tho.

The only bad thing iv'e heard about the jill jab is you can get hard lumps forming under the injection site from repeated use and as my jill's where coming into season 3/4 times each last year im more in favour of a snipped hob

The only bad thing iv'e heard about the jill jab is you can get hard lumps forming under the injection site from repeated use and as my jill's where coming into season 3/4 times each last year im more in favour of a snipped hob

If you rub the injection site for 10mins after jab that helps but i'm with you, i don't agree with continued use of the jab so mine get 1 or 2 then their spayed but breeding jills i'd use the Hob or the new implant as it only lasts 12months at most. :thumbs: