Wellies or Boots

My hawking permission varies from flat ground, to quarry, and hill. I've always worn wellies except when the ground is hard with frost because it is mainly wet, but recently I've gone over a couple of times (not old age or drink) and today the mud was so thick (f**king coo's)I was losing me wellies. So I was wanting to know if there was a lace up boot that is a waterproof as a wellie but ain't gonna break the bank?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Tons of 'em, mate! I bought myself a pair of 'Hiking' sort of boots a few years ago. Berghause, I think they are? Little " || " logo on the back. Anyway, seventy five quid in Blacks. All singing, all dancing. Gortexy stuff 'n all that. Wear them all over the bogs. Comfortable all day, what ever I'm doing and the clippy / lacy things mean they come undone and off in a trice when I get home :good:

If ye worried about deeper mud or what ever? Get a pair of leggins to go with 'em. (Or maybe, in your particular situation, Gaiters?) Mine are 100% waterproof and I've honestly never yet copped a boot full. Granted, I couldn't wade through a knee deep water in them. But, if I did, they'd be less trouble than gum boots full of it!

My verdict is to forget trudging about in gum boots and forget leather. (F*** all that oiling and slow drying, caring for them sh*t!). Modern fabrics have superceeded all that argy bargy. And it comes surprisingly nicely on the pocket too ;)

I've had all the gear (no idea)..... Hunting boots, wellies....ect...

then i bought a pair of Scarpa Mountain Walking boots with a vibram sole and gortex lined.

I have used them every day for 2 years and they are the dogs bollox, outlasted all my other stuff.

Gary

I've had all the gear (no idea)..... Hunting boots, wellies....ect...

then i bought a pair of Scarpa Mountain Walking boots with a vibram sole and gortex lined.

I have used them every day for 2 years and they are the dogs bollox, outlasted all my other stuff.

Gary

Can't beat scarpa for a quality boot :yes:

Edited by No messin