Joe Hefferman lines in russells

Guest earthdogfinder

Guest earthdogfinder

Hi iam looking to find some info on joe heffermans lines in russells , ie any write ups, images , books or owners of terriers from these lines etc , any info very much appreciated !!!

Hi iam looking to find some info on joe heffermans lines in russells , ie any write ups, images , books or owners of terriers from these lines etc , any info very much appreciated !!!

dont think he had line of russell mate like his lakeland in his later years
Guest digbert

hi mate better speaking to albert mate, he new him and yes he kepted a hard strain of russle lakelands, they were not for the faint harterd as they give 110 percent, i have seen some of his stuff in action, not by him as he died a few years ago but seen the dogs which his mates got of him, all the best mate digbert,

I met him a few times before he died... Proper fella and had some cracking 'Lakie' types that did the buisness by all accounts. The few times i met him he had a younger fella with him who also had some good dogs

... joe had a few russells over the years - he would have any type that worked or looked good in the show ring he did favour his lakies he liked the red uns - to be a bit reder he liked the old hair dye .. him and gouldy shared the odd dig and had the odd deal over dogs .. joe lived in leics and died a few year ago . you wont find much about him anywhere altough he was well known in terrier circles he never was a top name who made it into books .. he never really had a line off russells he had the odd russell here and there over the years ..

I met him a few times before he died... Proper fella and had some cracking 'Lakie' types that did the buisness by all accounts. The few times i met him he had a younger fella with him who also had some good dogs

... joe had a few russells over the years - he would have any type that worked or looked good in the show ring he did favour his lakies he liked the red uns - to be a bit reder he liked the old hair dye .. him and gouldy shared the odd dig and had the odd deal over dogs .. joe lived in leics and died a few year ago . you wont find much about him anywhere altough he was well known in terrier circles he never was a top name who made it into books .. he never really had a line off russells he had the odd russell here and there over the years ..

Would i be wrong in saying that he had some russells from Ken Gould ?

he had gouldys early stormer lines and stuff out of flint - he had black stuff off ken aswell ..joe used to buy a lot in show it graft it and sell it on to make a few quid ..he rarely hung on to stuff he had some good gear over the years ... Edited by the_stig

he had gouldys early stormer lines and stuff out of flint - he had black stuff off ken aswell ..joe used to buy a lot in show it graft it and sell it on to make a few quid ..he rarely hung on to stuff he had some good gear over the years ...

that was in later years him and ken fell out years ago they were good mates a long time ago ken ask joe to go to dig out one of his dogs as it had been aground all night joe was on railway at the time laying tracks hard times he couldnt afford to lose day pay ken paid him the days wages to dig the earth with them both men were very good dogmen joe was a paddy true and true alldo ken became famous joe was well know in working terrier circles

he had gouldys early stormer lines and stuff out of flint - he had black stuff off ken aswell ..joe used to buy a lot in show it graft it and sell it on to make a few quid ..he rarely hung on to stuff he had some good gear over the years ...

that was in later years him and ken fell out years ago they were good mates a long time ago ken ask joe to go to dig out one of his dogs as it had been aground all night joe was on railway at the time laying tracks hard times he couldnt afford to lose day pay ken paid him the days wages to dig the earth with them both men were very good dogmen joe was a paddy true and true alldo ken became famous joe was well know in working terrier circles

once gouldy packed the terriers in - he had very little to do with a lot of terrier lads he was still in touch with joe around 2005 altough not best buddys .. ken paying joe wages to help him out on a dig is in an article dave harcombe did on ken in the 1990 year book ..

i new jo well and he never add a line of terriers ,sold him a few over the years as did alot of other people,if jo liked a dog he buy it no matter [bANNED TEXT] the colour of the dog was ,in is younger days he could dig but as he got older and his legs playing up it was just nice looking show dogs ,each to there own.

just like to add he knew what a good dog was and he knew what a good whiskey was too hes old saying was he bought a dog for 100 pounds sell it for 150 the 50 was the paddy added tax he was a likable rogue at his funeral they played the irish rover it suited him

he was a rogue but a nice fella lived melton mowbry way in leicster hes passed on now he had three terriers of me which i am told two were sold for a good profit when they were abit older and he had a white lakie type russel of me when i ended that line called brock which is in a post on here as i was trying to find info out on it not sure if he sold the dog or a friend had it of him in cumbria i cant remember him having a line of terriers though i could never understand him on the phone lol nice chap all the same