Shotgun Certificate

Im wanting to apply for my shotgun licence very shortly and im just wondering if any of you guys shoot in and around stokesley , carlton area in North yorkshire , if there is there any clay pigeon clubs near by?

If so would this be the easier way to get a licence quicker than trying to get permission off land owners?

Cheers Alex

Don't just apply join an organisation BASC/SACS/CPSA/ALLIANCE that way you will be able to get good advice and show the powers that be you have a resposible attitude and you are covered by insurance you will be in a much stronger position when you apply. YIS. :gunsmilie:

Cheers for the advice. So if i join BASC first then apply for my licence?

So just to clear things up i can send me form off without being part of any clubs or having any permission yet and i can still be granted one?

Cheers Alex

Put simply, Yes.

You do not need any justification to own a Shotgun Certificate, the Police only need to satisfy themselves that you are of good enough character to be entrusted with said weapon. If they refuse, they have to prove why they didn't grant one. They have to prove you cannot be entrusted.

The FEO may ask you some questions at interview as to why you want to acquire one, but all you need to say is that you intend to take up Clay pigeon shooting, they do not even need that much reasoning, but it helps to smooth things.

But apply and have some clay shooting in the meantime, it can take anything from a month to 3 months in normal circumstances to be granted one.