Ticks

Guest Lurchers2006

I spray mine with normal flea spray, there always gone within a couple of hours.

Or I have heard that you can put a little blob of vasiliene over them and they suffocate and come off, I have never tried it though.

Edited by Hob&Jill
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yeppers. Ye can but these special little Tick Removing Tools these days, 'Pet City' (or what ever they're called) keep them. Or go to Google.

But, in a case of heavy infestation such as this, I too would go with insecticidal sprays / shampoo's. Please don't f*** about with Vaseline, Parrafin, sh*t like that. Use a proper product :good:

Saying that; A 'Proper Product' may not be lisenced for Ticks? But I won't tell Brussells if you don't! :D

Most important thing to remember is the tiny, microscopic Tick larvae which you simply can't detect too. They'll grow, after the tick tool's done as much as it can. Get them in the bedding and it'll be a circle of chaos.

Sooooo ..... Bob Martin it is ;)

Guest Ditch_Shitter

H&J, an aside about Bob Martin ..... Many years ago, I used to keep a can handy for my ferrets and, one morning I was laying in bed wearing a pair of cut offs ~ for some obscure reason! :blink:

I had this spray can to hand and was probably enthusing to the wife about how good it was. Then, 'Like ye do', I pulled open my cut offs and shot a good burst into my own pubes ..... O M F G!!! Few seconds and it was armageddon down there! The Things that came staggering out! Number and variation! I was mortified! :icon_eek:

What more can I say? Feel free to experiment. But, for gods sake; Do it in privacy! :whistle:

Guest Lurchers2006

Thanks for the info lads! Not great i must say the poor fellas teeth have been pulled out the cruel c***ts!! I often see people ferretin this area too so hes a worker. Now im guna get him back too health and then see how he works Hes lovely and wouldntbite too save his life! Have a picture tomorrow!

Guest craftycarper

surgical spirit or similar, just dab a cotton wool bud in it, squeeze of the excess and dab it on and around the tick, they will drop off in a day or two or failing that vaseline. Ticks breath through their bodies so by doing this it will kill em, otherwise you could break the body off with the tool and leave the head in the fert which could turn nasty. Once they're off just keep an eye on where they exited in case an infection sets in. By the way don't put the spirits around the ferts eyes ...good luck

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Would what be ok on his ears, mate? What's up with them? Job for Thornit?

Please tell me, after all we've said, you don't yet intend to use witchcraft and 'home remedies' on the poor creature ~ and these new tools Don't leave the bloody heads in. They're designed by people who have a clue what the hell they're at :rolleyes: ~ if you don't intend to use a proper product, either pass the poor sod to someone who can, or else let me know where I can send ye the right bloody gear myself. I'm flat broke but would find a way to getting what he needs.

I feel this creature's already suffered quite enough at the hands of the ignorant and supersticious.

Guest craftycarper

calm down lads, they can break the body off and leave the head in if he ain't done it before, the way i suggested they will just drop off trust me, i use it on my ferts & mutt. Sawings and rounabouts, whatever suits you... :) Anyway my ways cheaper, as i've said before...i'm tighter than two coats of paint :D