ferret finder mk3

monkey

I have a MK 3 and have never used a MK 1 before ither and find it piss easy to use aswell. :D

But, it does sound like something off Star treck alright. :yes: Can get over this by putting some tape over the speaker. ;)

Was out today with it and got 3 bunnys, had to stop after that, it started chucking it down. :rolleyes:

Frank.

if any of you are finding it hard to use its worth getting a copy of simon whitehead dvd.i beleive its the one called (the ferret man gone rabbiting).

rew

Where can this DVD be got from, e.bay?

Frank.

I find it hard to locat the ferret whilst he is moving. If you are struggling to get a sturdy make chances are you ferret is still moving. Wack you finder on search and point it around listening to the pitch of the bleeps. As the pitch increases watch you LED display when the pitch is really high and you LED is saying 8ft or less turn it over to Locate. Now you using it like the MK1 but still with your ear and watching the LED hover around finding the highes pitch. It transmits in a square like the MK1 but the square is a little bigger.

As i go left to right i listen for the pitch then i like to draw with my finger the ends of the high pitch, then i move the reveiver up and down and do the same draw another top and bottom of the box. This is the same size square i dig.

I find it hard to locat the ferret whilst he is moving. If you are struggling to get a sturdy make chances are you ferret is still moving. Wack you finder on search and point it around listening to the pitch of the bleeps. As the pitch increases watch you LED display when the pitch is really high and you LED is saying 8ft or less turn it over to Locate. Now you using it like the MK1 but still with your ear and watching the LED hover around finding the highes pitch. It transmits in a square like the MK1 but the square is a little bigger.

As i go left to right i listen for the pitch then i like to draw with my finger the ends of the high pitch, then i move the reveiver up and down and do the same draw another top and bottom of the box. This is the same size square i dig.

Spot on. :good:

Frank.

Guest The Big Fish

Mitch, you think the mk3 has a bigger location radius than the mk1?

I find the opposite, in fact i would say that the mk3 is a tad more accurate than the mk1, in as much that whenever i have located using the mk3 its ALWAYS been bang on the top of the collar, whereas with the mk1 "sometimes" you could be just to the side of the tunnel.

P.s ive tested my mk3 on mk1 collars and it dont work, ive also tested a mk1 locator on mk3 collars and they dont work either.