lurcher coat problems

i recently got a bullx, the coat is fawn in color and has some scabs on his ribs, front and back legs and tail, the tail is black in places and has lots of bloody scabby sores, does this sound like mange, if it is do i have to take it to the vet

Edited by cmallon

Might be the bedding that was being used.

had mine on straw and they went very simlar, especailly the dogs with thin skin. The thick coated dogs didn't seem to mind.

Rubbed then down with diluted dettol which dried the scabs out in a day and changed them onto shavings which clearled the problem.

thanks, i think ill get the thing off the vet as putting dettol on the dog doesnt sound safe

could be mange, but without seeing the dog it could be anything,

i have used diluted detol on all of my dogs nothing wrong with it,

humans use it

but i would take the dog to the vet just to get piece of mind :thumbs:

i had a dog about 2 years ago with realy bad mange i went to a local dog man who jabbed him with something cant remember the name of it but within 2 days you could see the difference he jabbed him again a week later and a week or two later it was completely gone realy good stuff anyone got any suggestions to what it was i would remember it as soon as i heard the name he only charged me 2 pound a jab which was well worth it atb :thumbs: