223 reloading

IM thinking of starting to reload is it going to be easy and what will it cost to set up any ideas welcome if youve got a set up to sell let me know cheers

Setting up won't be too expensive - although, like all these things, if you want to spend a fortune it's not difficult.

If you haven't reloaded before its a very good idea to get someone to teach you properly. It's not hard to do but you'll learn a lot faster with a hour or so instruction from an experienced reloader.

J.

Agreed - demo is worth lots!

223 is a great calibre to reload for - it's incredibly easy to reload, and is very versatile in terms of powders and bullets that will produce decent results. As ever, tweaking is needed to get it right.

My CZ loves 50gr bullets of either BlitzKing or Vmax variety (not tried 50gr Noslers, I suspect it would shoot them too). I run 27.5gr H4895 behind that for a muzzle velocity of about 3,400 fps, and the groups are tiny - I had 4 into about .2 the other day.

When trying new loads, always a good idea to work up to max loads - some are OK, some are distinctly warm!

Thanks for the replies lads I've a trip to the states soon and I'm thinking of bringing a lee press and dies set back there less than half price over there do any of you use them is it value for money cheers

I was once told that there have been some really accurate results using the simplest of tools, the LeeLoader from Cabelas would be a lot less to lug back from the US to try your hand at reloading. You would have to get some accurate powder scales, RCBS are supposed the be the ones to get, for fine tuning loads.

Lee do the Classic Cast Press, which is a lot heavier than the Challenger Press. If you start off with the Challenger press, you could get a heavier one later and keep the lighter press for seating the bullet. This would mean you could load individual cartridges without having to swap dies each time.

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/reloading.php

Edited by rjimmer